Monday, February 16, 2009

Cross-dresser

It was grade 12. My teacher was talking about social conditioning, and was explaining to us why it is that men don't wear dresses. That it wasn't because they didn't want to, but because of social standards, conditioning, etc...
Well obviously if a dude wears a dress in public, he's going to get some strange reactions, but ultimately if one wanted to, it could be done, and that's that. I told her the reason dudes don't wear dresses isn't because of fear of societies reaction, but because we just don't want to...
So the next day I woke up and instead of putting on my "normal" clothes, I went to my sisters room and grabbed a pretty little number from her closet... I got dressed and began my walk to school wearing a black flowered dress... I was going to show my teacher how simple it really is.
While leaving the house my dad saw me, then asked me if there was something I wanted to talk about with him... The simplicity was soon disapearing.
The walk to school was no better. Full of insults, threats, "hollers," and more. The day at school was more of the same. Violent threats, curious looks, ass grabs, insults, compliments, everything one can imagine, and more... Finally I had class with the teacher, and we all had a good laugh at my little experiment... Yes, she was right. The dress was comfortable, I guess. But there's no fucking way I'm doing that again. Not worth the attention, and potentially dangerous reactions. This was the first time I publically wore womans clothing on a normal day.
R.D.

1 comment:

  1. It must be, cause if it were really about comfort, we would all wear house coats and sweat pants all the time.

    ReplyDelete