Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Taxi Driver

"How much to get to the centre...? Seven Bolivianos? Alright, lets go!"
So I get in the cab, and ya it was sketchy with it's hand-painted "TAXI" decal, and lawn chairs for seats... But it was Bolivia, all the taxis were like this!
Unfortunately this one was a little more sketchy than the others... It came with a three person kid-nap, and robbery operation! Soon after I get in, one person hops in on my left, then another on my right, and I then realize that the driver isn't going where I asked... "Driver you're going the wrong way." "Tranquilo," he tells me... Relax? This is when I realize these three fuckers don't have good intentions with me.
We spent the next 45 min's driving through the ghettos, over cunning conversation, and a good game of "let's see how much stuff you guys can steal from me - please don't try to kill me!"... Oh, and we were being followed by a flat-bed filled with dudes. Then, all of a sudden, they boot me out of the car, tell me to wait there for five minutes, and then drive off... Ya, I'll wait, come back and let me know if those credit cards work! Fuck...
So I take off running... To the nearest "good looking" whatever. I find a family owned bakery, and they take me in for the next two nights while I pull my shit together... Unbelievable...One minute I'm being robbed, the next I'm being taken in by total strangers...
R.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment