Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Drive-thru math

Normally i feel for people who have to work in retail or customer service. Their jobs usually suck and don't pay well, and they have to put up with dicks all day. But there is a line. Example: at a McDee's drive through a while ago. My order comes to $10.31. No problems yet, but i hate change (what am i gonna use a penny for except drinking games and testing the electrical?) So i give the girl at the window $20.31, so as to recieve a $10 bill in return. Simple, right? Imagine my shock when i get a handful of change back. Not that they had run out of bills, just that the girl couldn't do basic math. She gives me back the change i gave her, and the rest of the fucking change too. I wanted to throw the change in her face, but instead i'm going to devote my life to tracking down the morons who let this kind of kid get this far in life without developing in her this basic life skill. She will never learn to do her taxes, or be able to compete on are you smarter than a 5th grader (even my 7 year old brother in the car could figure it out.) I'm going to Bitchslap every math teacher she ever had, and probably her parents too.
n.

1 comment: