Friday, January 2, 2009

My First Headbutt

How was your twelfth birthday? Did you have cake? Pizza pops? Maybe you had a movie and a sleep over. Most people had things of that nature, unless they were born in a third world country and were just lucky enough to make it to their twelfth year of life. I’m sure most people feel genuinely sorry that those children don’t have the same luxuries that everyone has.

Well, my twelfth celebration of life consisted of all those things above mentioned, and then a little more. I cannot recall which movie we were watching, but I do remember a mix of hilarity as my friends and I talked of Baywatch girls like Yasmine Bleeth and the notorious Pamela Anderson. As I can recall in mid conversation there was a bellowing thunder of a bang that came from the basement door. Scared shitless would have been the expression all of us shared as we looked amongst our faces.

Now fifteen minutes earlier I decided it was a good idea to lock the basement door to keep my younger brother and his immature friend out of our homo erotic party. They had their fun while running in, laughing, and skipping out like a pedophile skips town. Obviously for a now mature twelve year old, this was un-acceptable to put my friends through, so fuck my brother and his friend, they can touch their dinks upstairs.

Obviously, I knew this was not the knock of my brother and his friend. And obviously, shitty, but obvious… this was my task to go and open the door. “Click” went the lock and before I even had the chance to place my hand on the knob, the door swung open with the force of a rhinoceros charging. Sidetrack: Have you ever seen Land Before Time? And if so, do you remember the fight between those two dinosaurs with the bone heads? That’s kind of what happened to me, only the flat part of my step father’s skull hit the bridge of my nose.

Blood shot everywhere, all over my shirt, the floor, obs the door. And my step dad stormed off as if he had no business to even knock on the basement door. I should have went to the hospital, but I toughed it out, I was twelve years old now. Fuck life. And more so, fuck those kids in Africa who don’t have to deal with this shit. I don’t feel sorry for them at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment